Muslim extremists are focusing on the West. That’s the background idea in many conversations. That’s not right.
The other day, I pulled the latest comprehensive terrorism statistics for Jan 2018. I summarized the data.[one_half]
[/one_half] [one_half_last] [/one_half_last]
Here’s a bullet point summary.
- Terrorism in US. 1 dead. 0 wounded. Neo-Nazi. Terrorism in Europe. 1 dead. 4 wounded.
- Total Terrorism. 768 dead. 1305 wounded.
- Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Eqypt, Yemen, Somali, Mali. 687 dead. 1118 wounded
- Iraqi Civil War. 69 dead. 167 wounded
- Syria Civil War. 35 dead. 72 wounded.
- Israeli-Palestinian, Sinai. 4 dead. 9 wounded
The vast majority of terrorism occurs in Muslim countries. It reflects their internal