It’s important that impeachment discussions focus on the most glaring offenses. Otherwise his supporters can ignore the major, respond to the minor, and in sum claim that impeachment is just sour grapes by anti-Trumpers.
What are Trump’s Impeachable Offenses?
- Ignoring the Constitution. He is not king, but must honor the separation of powers and treat the other branches as their Constitutional powers dictate. Three Items
- Placing his business interests before those of the people of the United States. Rejecting negative information about Russia and Saudi Arabia, relying on his long history with them while refusing the details of his business entanglements with them.
- Encouraging foreign interference in our elections. Remember ”Russia if you are listening” during the debates
Trump’s Pluses as seen by his supporters.
- Made the Supreme Court more conservative
- Slowed the influence of immigrants and “others”
- Rolled back liberal policies
Trump supporters, are those gains worth the loss of your Constitutional rights?
Concern about Impeachment
There is a lack of Constitutional address for a tainted election. To elevate the Vice President of a tainted victory to the presidency is not sensible.
The nation deserves either a new election or the elevation of the second highest electoral presidential vote recipient.
Let’s have an amendment to end the electoral college as well as provide against this novel threat of a tainted election.
Trump’s Broadsides of Irritating Stances
They should be ignored in any discussion of impeachment, not because they are good policies, but because they offer cover through obfuscation and diffusion of attention away from the clear impeachable actsA Starting List