Dualism – separate reality for soul
- One pole – atheist
- Other pole – belief in a personal god
- Mid-way – deist – unexplained first cause
Natural State – man’s natural predisposition
- One pole – man is inherently good
- Other pole – man is inherently selfish
- Mid-way – man is only selfish until his survival needs have been met
Blank Slate – how does man know anything?
- One pole – know nothing at birth, experience teaches us everything
- Other pole – we are born knowing things
- Mid-way – evolution presupposes us to particular ways of thinking
Philosophic questions, can they be understood well by the 3 philosophic dimensions?
- Evolution – from randomness or design
- Free will – determinism
- Is man necessary for reality to exist?
- Does God exist?
- Do souls exist?
- Do religious people believe their soul is independent of material world
- How does consciousness relate to the soul?
- If not, where does consciousness come from?
- Are there moral absolutes?
- From God or man’s evolution
- Is abortion wrong?
- Natural rights
- Theoretical possibilities
- Aesthetics – form and function