We have to stem the easy conversion of Muslims born or raised in America and Europe from turning to terrorism. I call it “easy conversion” because we have no slogan, no bumper sticker logic that counteracts the radical Islamic call to fatwa against the demon West. We need a baseline statistic and a slogan that stops that spiraling lost of contact with reality that radicalized Muslims fall victim to.
Three steps are essential (more are needed). Let’s start with these three actions.
- Our mass media should present a running box, daily, showing the terrorist violence by location and target. That shows that it is primarily an Islamic Civil War.
The Sunnis (ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Humas, Muslim Brotherhood) and the Shias (Iran, Hezbollah) are killing each other in suicide bombings and mass murders. It seems every day there is a bombing in Baghdad, Pakistan, Turkey, somewhere in the Middle East.
- The West is a convenient scapegoat for both sides in the Islamic Civil War to point at. The Shias and Sunnis must distract their people from realizing, that despite oil riches, their countries have been very poorly managed. That is the source of the economic malaise which provides little opportunity for their next generation, even when they are educated.
- Using principles of Realpolitik, Western Europe and the US supported strong men who used methods contrary to our fundamental beliefs. These strong men put down strife with violent reprisals. These abused sects easily rouse their followers against not only the other sect, but against the West.
- Western nations need to change their stance towards Islamic countries. We need to support their self-determination, yet also make clear that their extremist policies will not be allowed into our nations.
- A few slogans while we search for the best that promote our vision and do so with truth.
- Islamic Civil War between Sunni, Shia, and extremists
- West for Sunni and Shia, but not extremism
- Suicide bombers fight the Islamic Civil War